Thursday, November 5, 2009

Richard and I each recently wrote our senators, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, to ask them to support an act we care about. Richard has to date received a response from BOTH senators, while I have received a response from NEITHER! What in the world!? I'm beginning to wonder if they got my letters, or if they saw that we wrote from the same address and only responded once? Rich hypothesizes that he has received responses because he always puts "Rev." in front of his name. I think stretching the truth about your current ministerial status should not merit responses from politicians (or their interns).

Any one else have any ideas about what happened?

3 comments:

  1. Two female senators wouldn't be choosing to only respond to men, would they? :) (Just had to throw that one in there)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would venture to agree with Richard...if he's putting Rev. on his letters (whether it's true or not), then they read it knowing he is in some way a community leader. The politicians probably weigh the impact they might have in answering or not answering. Why don't you do an experiment and try the same?
    Or some other "title"...not lying, just in the interest of research :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still a "Rev." I just retired really early.

    ReplyDelete