Saturday, February 6, 2010

February Room a Month

It's February--which means it's time to tackle another room. This month, the kitchen is on the agenda, and I've got quite a task ahead of me.

I have several issues with the kitchen, the first being that the room gets no natural light. It's tucked back in a corner, which makes for a very efficient layout, but it's a little gloomy without any sunlight. Since I can't exactly change that, I do want to brighten the room up a bit.
Which brings me to my next point. When we moved in, Richard commented that our kitchen looks like the Apple store. Everywhere you look, it's white. I want to liven the room up with even more color.
Additionally, when we moved in here, we had SO much more space than in our old kitchen, and I wasn't exactly sure how to efficiently arrange things in the cabinets. Now that we've lived here a while, I have a much better idea of what's working (and what's not). I plan to rearrange some of what's going on behind those oh-so-white cupboards.
Finally, though Rich and I keep the kitchen pretty clean on a day to day basis, it could use a good deep cleaning. I plan on wiping down all the cabinets (inside and out), sweeping and mopping behind the appliances, and basically just cleaning in all the nooks and crannies.

Next time you see this room, it will be more functional, cleaner, and, hopefully, prettier too!

2 comments:

  1. I no longer know where anything is in my kitchen. I think after Annive Maura comes, I'm going to have to steal your room a month idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'm glad you picked the kitchen. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete