Friday, October 30, 2009

I bake a lot of desserts with apples, especially in the fall. I always end up with tons of apple peels that I feel really guilty about throwing away. But honestly, you can only eat so many apple peels. So, imagine my delight when I saw a suggestion online that, instead of throwing away apple peels, you toss them in cinnamon and sugar and bake them until they are crispy around the edges- making apple peel "chips."



I decided I'd try this today after making Autumn Cheesecake. Sadly, they taste just like you'd think baked apple peels taste- dry and crunchy and fairly tasteless (except for the cinnamon and sugar). I did eat them all though, which is better than throwing apple peels away? Probably not- more like a waste of perfectly good cinnamon and sugar. Try it! You're sure to be disappointed, just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment