Thursday, March 25, 2010

Annive's Bedding





I finished all of the bedding for my newest niece's room a while ago, but my sister just opened the package a few days ago.


Here is the quilt, the main attraction- which took the longest. The big flower is a quilt square made by my maternal grandmother, Annive, my namesake (as well as my niece's namesake).


It was my dad's idea to incorporate the quilt square, and I think it makes the quilt extra special.


Another one of my favorite features on the quilt are the ruffles I used for grass at the bottom.


I embroidered the ric-rac on the ruffles and the stems on the flowers.


And of course, the bird is pretty cool, too, if I say so myself.


I also made bumper pads using all of the fabrics I used in the quilt.


I think they are my favorite part of all.

Last, I made this bird mobile using the embroidery hoop I used to embroider the quilt.




You better believe that it feels good to have finished this- I feel like it's a huge accomplishment, and I'm really pleased with how everything turned out!

9 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful and I love the bird mobile. Annive is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! I LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the quilt square was made by your paternal grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job. Everything turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO impressed! I love the birds too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is so darn cute, beautiful, amazing, adorable, gorgeous, it shouldn't be bedding, but framed!! I absolutely LOVE it!! You did so amazing you could make big money selling quilts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great gift from a great daughter! When I saw it, it made me think of mom sewing all of those quilt squares and me having to sit and cut them out, that was a long time ago. You did an OUTSTANDING job - you must get your talent from your dad LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you! We LOVE it!! Everyone at the hospital keeps asking if you take orders. It has definitely brightened the hospital room. I can't wait to put it all up in Annive's nursery. She's a lucky little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I had no idea you had it in you...well done! So nice and great keepsakes for your neice.

    ReplyDelete