Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The one where we DON'T buy season passes to Splashtown

I am basically beside myself excited for summer. Lazy days at the pool, at the beach, and warm, warm weather. Evening concerts in the park, picnics, and day trips. Camping, hiking, and taking Charlie to the dog park. Rich and I are in the process of making our second annual summer list of things we want to do and accomplish this summer. And this year, we are actually going to put things on the calendar since we are much more likely to actually do these things if we have them on the schedule rather than relying on our spontaneity. Of which we have none. Because we are old, old farts. (I'd had a sneaking suspicion that we were old farts for a long time. This was confirmed at the Valentine's Dance, which we chaperoned at school on Friday night.)

Anyway, does anybody have any good suggestions for fun things we should do this summer? I'll be sharing our list soon, after we've finished formulating it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see the list revealed! I'm hoping to steal some great ideas. :) Hopefully you can add, "eat over on Marissa and Pete's new deck". Maybe if you put it on your calendar it will also get done, ha ha! Let's hope. :)

    p.s. chaperoning sounds like a totally hot valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet ya'll were the coolest chaperones at the dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come visit your niece (who is also your namesake), sister, and brother-in-law in Houston. That should be #1 on your list of fun things to do!!!

    ReplyDelete