Saturday, February 26, 2011

The one where Charlie learns to tell time.

Last night, Charlie and I had a talk.

"You are not to wake me," I said, "until this clock says seven-zero-zero." I held up my cell phone. "And when you wake me up, do not stand on my shoulder and put your cold nose in my face. It's not polite."

Charlie moaned (as he often does) and nosed his way under the covers.

He is turning into a bit of a pain in the neck, what with all the opinions and grumbling and waking me up at 4:00 am on a Saturday. He used to sleep until we woke him up- around 10 or 11, when I felt sure it was bordering on dangerous for him not to eat breakfast and go outside.

This morning, Charlie woke me up by standing on my shoulder and putting his nose in my face, as always. But imagine my surprise when I looked at the clock. It read 6:59. He almost made it, which is about all I can ask of a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment