Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Did I mention I got a library card? I did!

A cool thing about the library here is that it is part of the LA County Library system, and you can request books from other branches online. In fact, I can access my entire account online. I guess the LA County Library is taking a cue from Netflix, because as you check out books, it keeps track of your "favorite" authors and genres and will then make suggestions based on what you've checked out before.

My first week at the library, I only checked out two books- A Mercy by Toni Morrison and The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. Which I guess is why, under favorite genres, my account says "Fiction--Fratricide."

So there you have it. My subconscious feelings about my siblings as revealed to me by my library card. Better watch out, Amanda and Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment