Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On Friday (the day after tomorrow!!!), Richard will send in his final papers, and thus will complete his first semester of his PhD! In honor of this momentous occasion, we are having Junk-food-palooza 2009, wherein we participate in copious amounts of all of our favorite activities. First, we will consume copious amounts of junk food (that I never buy/make) including chili dogs, Pringles, cookies, and anything else Richard requests before Friday. Then, we will watch disks 1 and 2 of Eureka Season 1 (which are arriving via Netflix tomorrow). Finally, we will play several rounds of Skip-bo and maybe a round of Ticket to Ride, Scrabble, and Sequence. Basically, we're cramming all of the quality time we missed this semester into one night (sure to result in indigestion and a TV hangover). I can hardly wait!!!

Once in college, I tried to convince a friend to have an all-night Gilmore Girls marathon, jammed full of all the junk food we could eat. She was dubious, but politely ate a slice of pizza and watched a few episodes, but ultimately threw in the towel.

When I mentioned the idea of Junk-food-palooza to Richard, he was not only extremely enthusiastic, but also willing to brainstorm the perfect night of "letting it all hang out" in celebration of the end of the semester. And that, folks, is how I know I married the perfect man (for me).

4 comments:

  1. Why only one night? I mean, isn't winter break at least a few weeks long? Maybe not the junk-food gorging the whole time (my tummy says ouch!), but at least the other fun stuff...the games, movies!

    Are you guys coming to TX anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Richard! I love Ticket to Ride by the way. Sean and I got the European version for Christmas last year. Have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhh ! Don't tell but we're getting Brett's mom Ticket to Ride for Christmas! And I think I'm more excited about getting to play it again then giving it! hehe

    And in other news, here's another reason I'm pretty sure we could have been friends in college...a Gilmore Girls, junk food night?! SIGN ME UP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Calia, we'll be in Houston in a matter of DAYS! But, who knows the next time we'll be in Dallas. And while winter break does span several weeks, we typically eat pretty healthy (hence why this is an extra special treat), and I don't forsee much more junk food, beyond the normal Christmas treats.

    Sarah, we have the American version, aka the bourgie version. You and Sean are way too cool for us!

    Abigail, sharing the love of a good board game is the perfect gift! And no worries, I won't ruin the surprise. We should have been friends in college. Too bad you and Brett couldn't have gotten the show on the road sooner! The catch to the GG night was that it was an all night marathon. I wanted to watch the whole first season in 24 hours. I did it, but sadly, the last few episodes were all by myself.

    ReplyDelete