Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tap, tap. Is this thing on?

Sorry for that unintended interruption. Like most things in life, it was my parents' fault. Just kidding. Sort of. My parents came to visit for the entire week of Thanksgiving, and they kept us super busy- in the best possible way.

We showed them around the village, Rich's school, and our church. I took them on a wild goose chase of a scenic drive through the mountains- three out of three plans failed that day, but we still had fun just being together. We took a tour of Hollywood, saw the footprints and handprints in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater (oddly mesmerizing), and watched a (five hour!) taping of New Adventures of Old Christine. I hadn't actually seen the show before, but it was a super fun experience. And the only time I've seen celebrities in person- Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Eric McCormack. We went to Disneyland- Rich's first time at any Disney venue. And a lady hit me in the head with a cup full of popcorn (accidentally, I think).

Most importantly, though, I cooked a giant meal including my first ever turkey. Thanks to Martha, I came up with the brilliant idea of spatchcocking my bird (that's really a word), and so that 12 pound turkey was ready to eat in less than two hours. All in all, a great week and a lot of fun to show Mom and Dad where we live and why we like living here so much. I was sad when they left, but Christmas is only a few weeks away, and we will see them then (plus some additional awesome people, including Rich's parents).

1 comment:

  1. Are you coming to Houston?! I know it's a super busy time of year but Sean and I would love to see you, even for just a short bit.

    ReplyDelete