Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello again!

Long time, no see. The past weeks have been rather busy. With finals looming, my part-time job has turned into a full-time one. Richard started a job of his own, in addition to studying for his French exam.

We also took a little trip for Memorial Day, and we got to hang out with our dear friend, Kate. Sometimes you hang out with an old friend, and it's hard to remember why you were friends in the first place. But sometimes, you hang out with an old friend, and you end up bummed because you live on entirely opposite ends of the country. Seeing Kate inspired the latter type of feelings.

In all the chaos, I have managed one project: my succulent garden. I love succulents because they are beautiful (especially in large groups), easy to grow (though I did manage to kill a jade plant in college), and require very little water. In Texas, you can't really plant them outside because it rains too much, but here in the desert, they are perfect for environmentally-friendly landscaping.

I snagged this strawberry pot a while back for $3 at Target, and this week, I finally planted it with a bunch of tiny succulents (that I hope will one day grow into big, hearty succulents).


No comments:

Post a Comment