Saturday, January 29, 2011

This has been a banner weekend. For one thing, Rich and I finally got to meet our incredibly sweet and adorable niece, Lucy. She's two, so Rich and I officially win the worst aunt and uncle ever award. I did my best to convince her that I was her Aunt Richard and that Richard was her Uncle Sarah, but no dice--she mostly seemed confused about that. She did mention the bunny I made her for Christmas last year, so that was cool.

Rich and I also finally went hiking on the trail nearest our house- maybe a 5 minute drive? And holy crap. This is where we live.
This was taken on my camera phone, so really, it was about fifty times better in real life. The whole time we were hiking, I couldn't stop asking myself why we haven't bothered to go up there before.

And, my friends, that's where priorities come into play. Having limited time, resources, and energy means we are constantly making decisions on where to put that which we have. And sometimes, we make crappy decisions (like not meeting our awesome niece until she was two years old) and miss out on awesome things (like seeing this amazing view and enjoying how awesome the place we live is). So yeah. Once somebody (wise) told me that you can have anything, but you can't have everything. I think they were talking about money, but how true is that of the rest of life as well?

1 comment: