Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things have been a brewing that have increased my and Rich's friends in California tally exponentially. First, a couple of weeks ago we went to a party for an organization at Richard's school. I don't think either of us was looking forward to it, but it turned out to be an okay time. No instant connections, but a few new acquaintances and friendly faces to see around town. Second, our Sunday School class was fun for a second week in a row. Once is a fluke, but twice is a sign of success! I am enjoying getting to know everyone in the class. Third, I joined the church's choir, and I've officially brought the average age down by about 20 years. Just kidding. Sort of. This is probably the most fun church choir I've ever been in (flashbacks to singing "I'm a Yankee-Doodle-Dandy" in youth choir. still having nightmares about that one.), mainly because they don't seem to take themselves too seriously. Which is nice, because I'm convinced that no one in the congregation of any church cares anyway. This is also the friendliest choir I've ever been in, hands down. I think I've met every single person already (after one rehearsal) because every single person has come up to me to say hello and chat. Perfectly lovely. Last, on Saturday we're going to a housewarming party for one of Rich's classmates. Rich said he was surprised this guy invited him because, and I quote, "he's so much cooler than us." Not that it takes much to qualify as "cooler that Richard and Sarah," but it definitely raises my hopes that we'll make some more friends this weekend.

I've said it before (maybe just one entry ago), but living here is showing me just how inhospitable Dallas was. Which is kind of ironic, right, since people in the South have the reputation of being the warmest people on earth. Maybe it's that we are in a far less urban setting? I dunno, but we like it here! Though it is sad to be so far from our families and all the people we love. So you all need to move here, and it will be like Disneyland every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment