Sunday, September 6, 2009

We rode a ferris wheel again yesterday. I think I'd like to have a life that involved a ferris wheel ride at least once a month.

However, this ferris wheel ride was slightly less fun than the last. For one thing, right before we got on the ride, Richard and I were talking about those old 20-20 shows that exposed neglected maintenance on carnival rides. It made me nervous the entire time- like we had jinxed it. For another thing (and here is where I show what a fuddy-duddy I am), the two guys in the gondola next to ours were swinging from side to side of the gondola to make it rock violently. I was not amused. In fact, when we got back around to the bottom, they got kicked off the ride, and I applauded. Loudly. I may have also yelled, "KICK EM OFF!" The guys kept denying that they had done anything to make the gondola move. Richard and I found that laughable since they were recording themselves on their cell phones the entire time. After those dudes were kicked off, though, the ride was very enjoyable. I am old.

No comments:

Post a Comment