Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This whole moving thing is starting to feel very real.

For one thing, we're living surrounded on all sides by boxes. We have to make sure to keep a pathway clear to the door, just in case of fire.

For another thing, things are starting to wind down around here. Rich finished his last class at Perkins and is an official graduate (once he gets his official grade). I am starting to believe I might actually finish my thesis. Maybe in the near future, even.

And things are lining up in CA. We have a place to live. Things are looking up on the job front, and I have a plan if I don't have a job by the time we get there.

As sad as it is to leave Dallas, it is also exciting to have a new adventure so close at hand! We will miss our friends here, and we will miss being so close to family. But, really, I don't like Dallas very much (for a lot of complex and boring reasons). And looking at the weather report in our new home and comparing it to the weather in our future home is making me very, very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment