Saturday, July 4, 2009

We're in H-town for the fourth of July, hanging out with my fam. Well, my parents. Ironically, Amanda (my sister) is in California (like 30 minutes from where we will be living in less than a month). Andrew (my brother) is somewhere in Montana, on his way to Yellowstone National Park. I asked him if he planned on stealing any picnic baskets. He is taking a cross-country motorcycle trip with two of his college buddies before heading back to Houston to start his new job. His life is so much more interesting than mine. Actually, our lives have a lot in common these days, I guess- big changes, new opportunities, and driving across the country. Except, he was able to pack all of his worldly belongings in his MOTORCYCLE SIDE CAR, whereas we will be renting a 16 foot truck and towing our car behind. As it turns out, though, packing all of your worldly belongings in a sidecar makes for a rather slow drive, so he shipped it all back home. Mom and Dad were thrilled to receive those six, rather heavy boxes- especially when they saw the bill! It would be nice to go back to those days when somebody else had to worry about how to pay for my failure to plan ahead. Any volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment