Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bathroom remix

Here is the revamped bathroom, in all it's glory.


A few notes. I did in fact switch out the shower curtain, and I like this one much better here. The yellow and white curtain definitely brightens up the room.

The first step I took was to reorganize under the sink and in the medicine cabinet.


Just those steps alone have made the bathroom feel so much more functional. A bonus is not being hit in the face by flying objects when opening the medicine cabinet.

Next, I added some hidden storage on the shelf with a big basket, purchased for $13 at Home Goods.

All of Charlie's treats, bath supplies, extra collars and medicine are in the basket. You can see into the basket a little bit, but not really that much. At any rate, it's better than the giant bottle of vinegar that was there before, right!?

Next, I added some accessories.
The candlestick was $4 on clearance at Target, and the bud vase was $.50 at Goodwill. The tealight holder was free because we already had it.


The top of the shelf is a handy place to store cotton balls, q-tips, and things that are too tall to fit in the medicine cabinet. I already had these cups as well as the crystal pineapple. The white tray was purchased for $4 at Home Goods.


I added shelf paper that I already had, as well as a third (non-matching) basket that was lying around. Scraping problem solved.


These two small pictures are hung above the toilet. The frames were on clearance at Home Goods for $2 each, due to their unfortunate peach color. I slapped on a coat of paint (that I already had), and they are as good as new. The "artwork" inside is from Ikea- I bought several 5 packs of art cards a while back that were on clearance for $.10. I'm not crazy about the prints here, so maybe I will change it if I ever think about it again.




All in all, I just made a few small changes that make a big difference (to me at least). Which room should I tackle in February?

2 comments:

  1. nicely done!

    - Cara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I'm hoping you choose the Kitchen next. I liked your idea for the cabinets and would love to see it in action!

    ReplyDelete