Wednesday, January 6, 2010

So, yesterday I went to buy all of the fabric for the quilt I'm making for my newest niece-to-be. Thank goodness a friend came along- I would have been completely paralyzed by indecision. I'm hoping I didn't promise too much when I told my sister I'd make this, but so far, so good. I've only done the easiest parts, but they've all worked!

I started my new job on Monday- I won't say much about it here, except that I'm a tutor, and I'm really enjoying it. It definitely keeps me on my toes, since I tutor in almost every subject. And it turns out, yes, I am smarter than a fifth grader.

In other news, a lady whose blog I read has started a project called A Room A Month. The basic idea is, you choose 12 rooms (or areas) in your home that need some attention, and tackle one area per month. Now that we've settled into our apartment, I have a pretty good idea of what's working and what's not. I wasn't sure I'd be able to list 12 rooms in our small-ish (but huge to us) apartment, but sure enough, I did. Here's my list:

1) Kitchen
2) Dining Room
3) Living Room
4) Hall
5) Hall Closet
6) Guest Bath
7) Laundry room
8) Guest room/office
9) Guest closet
10) Master bedroom
11) Master closet
12) Master bathroom

That's not actually in order, because I'm starting in the Master bathroom for January. Expect an exciting post about my plan for doing some minor things to make major improvements to our bathroom, possibly including embarrassing pictures of our messy under-sink storage!

No comments:

Post a Comment