Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey! I passed the second set of tests I took recently. So, yes, I am smarter than a fifth grader.

Richard is working his fingers to the bone typing his final papers for exams, and I am working like a dog because AP tests are next week, and everyone decided that they need last minute reviews.

Last night, I had a fun trip down memory lane as I helped a student identify and define incredibly minute parts of a fetal pig. I remember when I was in high school, I felt like I would never need to know what a sternocleidomastoid muscle is. Turns out, I was wrong (sort of). I mean, it's not like I bust out muscle names in every day life, but I have used it again. So, thanks, Mrs. Fabian, for making me learn this stuff. Sorry I was such a jerk about that white board review game.

I also wonder- has the fetal pig become the new frog? What did you have to dissect in high school?



2 comments:

  1. I had to dissect a fetal pig in high school, a frog, and maybe a worm. I, however, did not learn the stuff at all. The lowest grade I ever made on a test was on the dissection one. Good thing I did great on the wildflower test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dissected a cat in anatomy and physiology and an earthworm in biology. I really enjoyed it!!

    Hannah Belk-Patrick

    ReplyDelete