Sunday, April 18, 2010

This week I...


This week I...
  • Successfully cooked every meal I planned to cook. (A major accomplishment, people!)
  • Found out I passed two tests.
  • Attended a recruiting meeting for a local school district's intern program.
  • Set up an interview with said district.
  • Got the oil changed in our car.
  • Found out the car needs new tires. Sigh.
  • Discovered I did our taxes wrong last year (whoops!)- and the IRS didn't like it. That's what happens when you have 8 W-2's, scholarship income (some of which is taxable, and some of which isn't), and other non-taxable income. I wish we just had normal jobs sometimes!
  • Exercised nearly every day.
  • Gave up dusting in pursuit of more enjoyable tasks.
  • Went to the library, and checked out new books.
  • Found out that Richard got an Honorable Mention from the Ford Foundation for his grant application. (Sadly, honorable mention does not come with a cash prize, but still- a HUGE honor.)
  • Did not go to the pool even once. Sadness.
This was a really busy week around these parts, but it was a good one. Some huge successes, including hope for the future. I really like my life.

2 comments:

  1. That's all wonderful! Congrats to you for passing your tests, and to Richard for his Honorable Mention! If it's warm, let's do the pool this week on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree- the pool sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete