Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's kind of scary when the kids I tutor don't understand my pop culture references- because they weren't alive. Or when they don't remember pivotal national events because they were either too young when it happened or not alive yet. This is one way I can tell I'm getting old. Also, when they tell me I am a "cool old person." Yikes. Send me to the nursing home now.

I can also tell I'm getting older because I can tell exactly where I'll have wrinkles in about 10 years. I've been having kind of insane dreams the past few nights, and I guess I've been scowling all night because I wake up with huge wrinkles on my forehead and between my eyes. Signs of things to come, I guess.

What about you? What are the signs that you are getting older?

2 comments:

  1. Signs I'm Getting Older:
    *Some gray hairs
    *The kids I taught this year were not alive when 9/11 happened.
    *The high school girls I worked with had never heard of Hootie and the Blowfish.
    *I have my own daughter...who will graduate high school in 2028.
    *I got an invitation to my 10 year high school reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign I'm getting old: my DAUGHTER has a gray hair.

    ReplyDelete