Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bad news on the moving front today. First, I found out yesterday that the job I had placed many of my hopes on has been put on hold for the unforeseeable future due to a hiring freeze. Come on, Obama! Quit bailing out worthless car companies, and bail out universities instead! What is this particular university going to do with no one to deal with misbehaving students? And does anyone know anyone in higher ed in southern California?

Second, I had gotten a quote on a moving truck about 4 months ago. Today, I went online to make the reservation (since we now have a definite move date), and holy moly! The quote has tripled! Something about the difference in winter rates vs. summer rates. Moral of the story, don't wait to hear about a specific job- just pick a stinkin' move date and reserve the truck!

In happier news, I had a fire in my fireplace last night. It was toasty and mesmerizing and lovely. For those of you in Texas, a fire in June sounds awful. But Taos nights are freezing! Literally- it gets down into the 30s!

No comments:

Post a Comment