Friday, June 19, 2009

Rich and I took a (sort of) impromptu trip to Houston yesterday. It was planned for Rich, but unplanned for me. Since I'm not working in the office anymore, it doesn't really matter where I work from, so Houston was just as good as Dallas. Plus I got to see my mama.

This trip home reminded my why I will never get cable. I am a bad TV junkie. It sucks me in, and I can't look away. Even network TV has this effect on me- but on network TV, there's not as much crap to choose from- and there comes a point when even I realize how bad the shows are. Not so with cable. When Rich and I go on vacation anywhere, one thing I look forward to with a kind of morbid fascination is having cable in the hotel room. I love HGTV, Food Network, TLC, and MTV. Just between those four channels, I could occupy 24 hours a day. It's one of those things I like least about myself- how much I love TV.

Another interesting thing (or perhaps the first interesting thing) that happened on this trip was when we stopped for dinner on the way home, we got our meal for free! At Dairy Queen, we waited about 20 minutes for our order to be ready. When they (finally) called my number, the man informed me he'd be giving me my money back since it took so long. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment