Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tonight, I went with my friend Cyndy to see the movie Up.

One of the best movies I've seen in a while. Hopeful, whimsical, charming, hilarious, heartwarming, endearing.

After the movie, we came back to campus, sat in Cyndy's home, drank wine, and talked. About life, love, things we can't change, crazy work war stories, and on and on. The older get, the more amazed I am at the people I get to call my friends. Cyndy eased my job worries. "Don't think about what you want to do for the next thirty years. Think about what you want to do today." Wise words from a woman who has clearly taken life one day at a time, who has an amazing life story, and who is just an all-around neat person.

Tomorrow is my last day in Taos. Bittersweet (sort of). I am sad to leave this magical place. But I'm equally (possibly more) happy to be going home to hubs and pup and moving boxes to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment