Sunday, June 7, 2009

The past couple of weeks have been a wee bit busy for Rich and me. We've been traveling all over the place!

I have been in Taos, NM at SMU-in-Taos for the past two and a half weeks as the resident "Conduct Officer." Thankfully, it's been rather boring (which is a blessing after the nonsense of last year!). I've been able to do several fun things, as well. But, overall, it has been pretty slow and solitary. For one thing, the social climate is weird. I hang out with students- but only to a certain point- and professors- but, again, only to a certain point. Being in limbo is no fun.

Yesterday, I took a long walk, and I took my camera along. I'm determined to improve my photography skills. I bought a fancy camera before our trip to Hong Kong and Taiwan (in January), and it's high time I learned to use it beyond the automatic setting. Here are some of the pictures from the walk.







Richard, meanwhile, has been equally busy. Last weekend, he went to Houston. He led a class on Israel/Palestine relations for the United Methodist Women at First Methodist Houston. This weekend, he is in Nashville at Vanderbilt for a conference for the Fund for Theological Education Fellows.

And poor Charlie has been passed from gracious neighbor to gracious neighbor. Richard said he's pretty sure Charlie would rather live with one of them, at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment