Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This morning, I sent in our applications and deposit for our apartment in California. So, I guess we're definitely going! AND we may actually have a place to live when we get there. SCORE!

These apartments are brand-spanking-new (they had only built the clubhouse and one building when I visited there in April, and they will be finished in September) and a wee bit generic. Rich and I have lived in only "quaint" places since being married (the first place did have GREEN carpet, though. Why??) But, they are nice, clean, and definitely well within the budget. And there is something strangely satisfying about knowing no one else has ever used your toilet, bathtub, sink...

Another perk is the kitchen. Not only is it enormous- sporting no less than 10 drawers! (we currently have 2) and about a bajillion cabinets, but it also has a dishwasher (!) and garbage disposal (!!) and pantry (!!!!). I have a long standing dream that one day, I will have a refrigerator with an ice maker, but I'm not sure if this fridge has one or not. I like to dream big, people.

The thing I'm most excited about, however, is upgrading from one bedroom to two bedrooms. That's right- Chez Harville-Newton will soon be open for visitors! So plan your visit to California soon. You can soon be swimming in this pool while Richard grills you a burger! (Yes, that's really the pool, shamelessly pilfered from the complex's website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment