Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, folks, we have a plan!

This morning I sat down at my computer and devised two separate driving plans to CA- one if we stop in Lubbock, and one if we don't.

One exciting part of BOTH of my plans is that we will stop in Sedona, Arizona, where Rich and I honeymooned not to long ago. We are excited to go back. I remember the last time we were there thinking I definitely wanted to go back and spend more time in Sedona. At the same time, there are so many exciting places in the world, it seems silly to spend one's time and resources going BACK to a place you've already been. So this arrangement will be perfect, I think. We are (hopefully) even staying in the same hotel we stayed in last time- swanky!

(The last time we were in Sedona.)


Our plan for the rest of the time, however, is to camp! I think we will be doing a lot of camping once we get to CA (since we're about 4 hours from Sequoia National Park, 4 hours from Death Valley, 1.5 hours from Joshua Tree, about 5 minutes from the Pacific Crest Trail, San Bernadino Mountains, and Angeles National Forrest). It seems logical to invest in supplies. Rich's parents gave us a tent, and we bought a camp stove and camp chairs. Richard sighed when I put long handled turning forks in the basket ("We can make those out of hangers!" "We don't HAVE any wire hangers!"), but what is camping without S'mores?

This is starting to get exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment